Monday, May 14, 2012

OITGDITD

I trust everyone had a most enjoyable day with their families and friends yesterday. Nothing like spending the day with your children, your family and your friends and when your family are your friends that is even better. Now that is not to say that everyone is friends with their family but for those of us who share that friendship like bond with their siblings, 
Hurray for us. 
I have always thought highly of the old phrase,,,,
"Good thing you can pick your friends" 
still do, however, it sure is nice to have family friends to share those many lifetime memories with too.

While spending the majority of the weekend out back in the Landing working in the gardens, and spending time with our children, (they sat , we worked, everyone laughed) later Sunday we headed off to enjoyed a Mothers Day/Birthday BBQ with Leroy's family. It certainly made for an interesting celebration, with so many of the four generations, you want to talk about diversity, comedy and then throw in a bit of high maintenance, I tell ya,  it sure makes you appreciate that we have a great deal to be thankful for each and every day.

There is still much to do out back and with any luck Mother Nature will provide some wonderful sunshine and plenty of warmth so's to make it plenty enjoyable. Geeze, with all the gardening and sunshine, I am losing that stitchers tan and the bends in my arms are now evenly matching the rest, well except for my left hand where I hold the fabric, it is always under the fabric so it is never really even. lol 
Perhaps for the rest of the week
 I will be not only suffering from the 
OOTDS 
it will be split time with .
Out in the garden digging in the dirt!   
OITGDITD

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like the perfect day!
    Happy Belated Mother's Day :)
    Hugs
    Ma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you had such a great Mother's Day! I shared the afternoon with 2 of my 3 sons and the middle son helped me with a good portion of my gardening. I feel so blessed to have such loving, helpful sons. Mother Nature cooperated here both yesterday and today so we were able to accomplish a good part of the necessary work. Just a few planters left to fill and then I'll be OITGS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds good to me. I love to play in the dirt. (Don't have much of it to play in any more though. Just some pots on the balcony.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping in and Please, feel free to leave a comment for all to see. Know that I hold your thoughts and opinions high in regards.
keep An eye for threads & be Always in Stitches...

every one is welcome to Stitch Along My Friends & we can Be Always in Stitches together