Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Awe, Mothers Day

Well, here we are, the first day back to school.....wooooooops work I mean.... hmmmm what will I miss more?  Let me tell ya. 

After the last seven weeks there is more to be missed than some could imagine and even more that shant ever be missed. You just never know what will happen when you are as healthy as a horse and work like one too. 
 Did I mention that Leroy is back to work today?

And another thing... That damn alarm, would you believe that that damn thing remembers the crack of stupid and off it went in it's own true fashion,,,, mighty flipp'n loud. Now it's just the crack of numbness so things are coming back to me. Hmmm making lunches, filling bottles, having that second cup'a really early in the morning and getting a move-on for the rest of the busy day ahead. 

I have to tell you that the first 5 weeks of his off'dness went very  smoothly and then like an alarm going off in the crack of whateverness, bammmmm Huricane Henley arose as though  was hitting another coast and well, the path of construction began. Not sure what happened to taking it easy but when a man wants real hydro in his cave, trenches are dug and that does not even speak to the beginning of a family plot. lmao I think when he attends his next appointment he might just get a wake up call about the three most dreaded words in the English vocabulary,,,,"Take it Easy !"

Strolling down my creative avenue of this summer you might be a tad surprised at what you may not see. Seems the stitching has come to all but a dead halt other than our "Wednesday evening togetherness" with my fellow Stitching Sisters. Oh, I have pulled a few stitches but no where as many as I would have liked. For instance, back at the beginning of July I began a special project which I would have preferred to have up on the wall long ago but with having said "Hurricane" lurking and lingering, some threads managed to stay uncut from the skeins. Then there was a quick birth sampler to which that birth was early June....(getting the matt today) while I am up there getting that matt I will also get the one for the July project and with any luck I may have it ready to hang soon!  One of my cousins daughters had a baby boy on the first of September so there is a sampler to be designed for that celebration and all in all now that the day's are becoming longer again...lol I may just get back into the threading of the 28 petites.

Well that's it for today, I sure hope everyone had a wonderful summer and spent your time with the ones you love, doing the things you love to do. 

~ As always  ~                             
~ keep   An eye for threads & Be  Always  in  Stitches ~ 
xxx / ' jayne  


4 comments:

  1. I got tired just reading that post!
    We had that same hurricane at The Corner, but it had a different name...wink wink!
    Glad that one RB is up and back to work, and ptL healthy, and that life, as we know it, at The Landing is looking like it's old self again...with the 28 petites coming out of hibernation.
    I wrote this comment without my glasses, so hopefully this is readable, but as always ILYLASABFF and IMTTYMACS?
    Hugs
    Ma

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love our men, but they do mess up our schedules! Glad to hear the stitching bug is about up there - you without a needle is unthinkable! good luck getting up at the buttcrack of dawn - not envious of that at all. Have a great day getting your house back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to hear that hubby is feeling well enough to be back to work!! Here's to hoping that you'll get back into your stitching groove soon.

    Looking forward to the Wednesday stitching night with our little group of 4 tomorrow ... it's always good for a couple of laughs; believe it or not!! :-) Then Bonnie, Paul and I are off to our Elton John concert Friday night... it better be worth all the rigamarole Bonnie went through getting the tickets on our Brentwood weekend!! lol

    I'll let you know how things go at my Dr.'s appt. this Thursday. Can hardly believe it's been 3 weeks today since my surgery. Fingers (and stitches!!) crossed!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh so glad hubby is doing well now. Hope to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping in and Please, feel free to leave a comment for all to see. Know that I hold your thoughts and opinions high in regards.
keep An eye for threads & be Always in Stitches...

every one is welcome to Stitch Along My Friends & we can Be Always in Stitches together