Monday, December 28, 2015

oh,,,, what a feeling

With Christmas winding down and the weather following suit, we find time to think of all of the wonderful activities we have introduced and each one of our ongoing well-established and cherished adventures. Sharing time with special people makes each and every tradition a wonderful memory we all can enjoy and continue for many years to follow. 

One aspect of this Christmas that is outstanding has been the weather. For those who needed to travel, it was very good timing. For those who love to see snow,,, well, sorry that didn't happen here in Southren Ontario. I will admit that I did miss seeing the "Pretty White S#!+"  Christmas Eve and on through the 27th, but one thing is for sure; I did not miss pulling out the shovels!

In the stitching strategy here @ Henley's Landing,
I was able to finish all but 9 of the 72 Santa heads I've been stitching throughout the entire year.
The remaining 9 simply need the beards stitched and then the finishing, and I am ok with that. The year is not over yet... The fact that I completely finished 63 is a nice feeling and not to mention the fact that said Santa heads will keep me out of having to make ornaments for our Granchill'ns for the next dozen years. 

Each one will receive a new Santa every year and even though a family may have 3 Santas coming in each year they are colour specific to each chill'n and each of them  will have 12 of their very own when they move forward into their own Christmasses in their own time. Gotta love a plan!
I also was busy sliding in 3 wedding samplers, a couple dozen special key fobs and Katies Christmas Stocking helps make the 2015 accomplishments shine in my own mind. 

I will admit that it was so nice to enjoy time away from stitching for a few days but the itch is on the return as I sit here. 

With all of that said, I certainly hope everyone
has enjoyed their season and for the right reasons, as I know we have and when we remember this year we will have many a smiles on our faces.

Cheers to 2015
Health and Happiness to you in 2016


as always
Jane

2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Jayne. I have but one finish this year. May 2016 find with a few more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those needles were smoking...we even saw the smoke down here, in the 52! Lucky little ones who will have such a treasure to carry on thanks to Gramma <3
    ILLASSandAW! Cheers to a healthy and happy 2016!
    Hugs
    WWGTITNY indeed

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping in and Please, feel free to leave a comment for all to see. Know that I hold your thoughts and opinions high in regards.
keep An eye for threads & be Always in Stitches...

every one is welcome to Stitch Along My Friends & we can Be Always in Stitches together